Saturday 13 December 2008

Dinner and music

Stephen was away a couple of nights when I wasn't feeling well. I'm pretty bad about not eating properly when he's away when I'm well, and the thought of dragging myself up and down 4 floors from the bedroom to the kitchen, to stand in the cold and prepare something wasn't overly appealing. I survived on a couple of slices of toast on most days. Even heating soup was too much bother! Consequently, come Friday night when I was feeling better I was completely STARVING! We went along to the Warehouse for a steak - yummy!! Just what the doctor ordered! We also had a G&T to kick things off and these were of the usual lethal standard! We assume that tonic water is an expensive commodity, or highly taxed, or something.... Stephen was telling me that he had been explaining to the UK guys that were over that G&T's were nothing like back home, and they had ordered one to make a comparison. After the first slug Graham turned and proclaimed it to be a "Gin and Tonic Tops" which had me in stitches when Stephen told me!

After dinner we went across the street to 219 to see the band. It was a totally new band and they were really good! The bands at the weekend office usually consists of a few core musicians who rotate in and out - although the band is usually called something different each week, the faces are always familiar. We stayed through the first set, but I was flagging towards the end so we didn't stay too late.

Stephen was up early this morning to go and watch the football. I stayed cosied up in bed reading until he came back and demanded that we go for breakfast. We spent the morning running around doing chores, and still haven't completed the laundry list of things to do. The post office was queued out of the door and wasn't any quieter when we tried again later (so your Christmas cards will be late this year) and the dry cleaners car park was totally full to overflowing. We decided to come back later but of course as soon as we got home and lit a fire we were not going anywhere fast! Stephen flaked out and slept for a good couple of hours and I finished my book. A relaxing afternoon, but one I'm sure I'll regret tomorrow when I realise that I've still got loads of things to do ahead of our Christmas vacation!

No comments: