Sunday 21 September 2008

Another shopping fix

It was a very pleasant walk down through Old Town and, whadda you know, I had to pass Gap and Banana Republic when I was out. Banana Republic is for ladies of a more twig-like stature than me, so that was purely a browsing opportunity, but I did manage to buy a couple of things in the Gap Outlet. It was really quiet in the store so, for once, I was able to get to the clothes without being trampled underfoot by hordes of eager bargain hunters! I spent more time than was necessary looking at jeans. I actually had to give myself a good talking too when I found myself kneeling on the floor searching through pairs for one my size. I seem to have developed an unhealthy desire for denim. Now I have tried it I need to have more, more, more I tell you...GIVE ME THE JEANS NOW.... Get a grip woman!! You've had your denim fix for the weekend...

I did buy a pair of black casual trousers, even though trying them on was a rather unnerving experience! I walked out the changing room, came face to face with the assistant who immediately burst out laughing! I'm was hoping it was at something her co-worker had said and not because of how I looked. "I like your top" she said, to try and recover the situation. Oh, oh. What's up? I had pulled it up in order to fasten the trousers. Had I forgotten to pull it back down? Was I flashing the world (or her) the Twins? I quickly looked down to check. No. That wasn't it. It was going to remain a mystery, and I was going to remain paranoid!! I just smiled and quickly backed out of the changing room...

I have to say that I can truly say that I suspect my taste is in my ar$e right now. I was seriously looking with a view to buying, a bright orange jumper. What is going on?? I had to do a quick "would you be seen dead in that in the UK" scenario. No. Move away from the vivid colours... I mean I am the woman who only wears black right?

I've just unpacked my purchase and put the trousers in the pile, along with the jeans, to be taken for alteration. I then went on a foraging expedition to the rear of the walk-in closet as I knew there was a pair in there I had bought some months ago which also needed to be taken up. Turned out to be more than one pair!! I found an additional four pairs - two of which had come with me from the UK!!! I'm going to have a whole new wardrobe when these come back.

No comments: