Tuesday 23 September 2008

Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks

We're going to the baseball tonight, so the sound of grinding teeth has again been resonating over the Metro DC area as I subjected myself to daylight robbery and booked parking. The only way I could do it without actually shouting sweary words at the top of my voice was to skip quickly past the places where it told me there was a $3 convenience fee, a $4 booking fee and, the one which always makes me grind my teeth, the $1.75 delivery fee...which allows me the privilege of being able to print my own parking pass!!

I am just about able to overcome nasty thoughts about what I would like to do to the owners of the parking who charged us $50 to park, because of the fact that 4 of the tickets are free. Mr Wrongkindofbeer is a season ticket holder at the Nats and had a whole load of "rain checks" from cancelled games that had to be used this week. As he was going to be in the UK he was handing them out to the office so they didn't go to waste. I can almost forgive him for driving me insane with the whole wrong beer/beer goes bad thing. Besides surely there is no such thing as bad beer? You could sook it through the bar towel or lick it off the bar and it would still be fine. Hmmm, on reflection maybe I'm not quite ready to entirely forgive...!

No comments: