Tuesday 9 September 2008

Lady in Red, er Black

I was doing laundry the other day and realised that I wear a lot of black! I mean, a huge amount! I don't know why this would come as a surprise to me, but it did. I think it was probably to do with the fact that Stephen hadn't added much to the laundry pile as he'd been ill and lived in shorts and t-shirts, which meant that I had to acknowledge that the huge pile of dark washing was ALL mine. All black, with maybe a few items of red.... I needed to open up my colour palette a little. Move away from my funereal clothes choices. Embrace a little colour!

My old fall-back was always to wear a black jacket and trousers with a t-shirt underneath, so I stopped by the shops to re-stock on self coloured t-shirts. I have branched out into lilac and plum...okay, so I also picked up black and white too, but that's just between you and me!! At least my shoes have more colour than my wardrobe. The office is still reeling from the canary yellow pair I wore a few weeks ago!!

I actually managed to ruin a non-black T-shirt last night. I was being slutty and having dinner from a tray as Stephen was away and I wanted to watch the end of the Murray v Federer tennis match... I managed to drop a forkful of sweet and sour chicken down my t-shirt. Actually I managed (and this is some trick!) to drop it down the inside of my t-shirt!! It was burny! I had to rush upstairs and try and get it all off the shirt and out of my twins containment unit before I did myself serious damage!

No comments: