Wednesday 10 September 2008

The travel challenge

It was Day 3 of "the week" today. I am awaiting news from the UK as to whether we need to change all the plans for a visit of UK folks to the US. This was a cross-USA tour which we thought was all sorted bar booking the travel and I was told as an aside today, by a rather "vague" PA, that we might have to slip it a week. Oh, if only it was that simple!!! We've turned somersaults to get some of these meetings set up!!

I was also trying to book a 3 day trip to Canada for POQI. This has been something of a movable target for the past week and I totally lost the ability to be professional this afternoon when the latest flight change was eased into the conversation. Actually, it was when I checked Expedia and discovered that there were no direct flights and it would take 6 hours to make a journey that you could drive in 4 1/2 hours, that I lost it. I was hysterical with laughter. I totally lost focus and the will to work.... Thank goodness my fantastic travel guy managed to find a flight (which shows that expedia don't give you all the options). Everything is booked now, so here's hoping it doesn't change again!

A new lunch option opened at the beginning of the week. It sells pita pockets, hummus etc. Three of us went down yesterday, and two of us were stricken down will tummy troubles today. Thankfully (for me) I was the one who was fine! My pita pocket was absolutely delicious - really fresh tasting and very scrummy so I hope that it was coincidence that the others were ill today... A few of us were talking about trying it again on Friday when Stephen pointed out that that was a dumb idea...we should really try it on a Monday as there was no point being sick on our own time!!

No comments: