Wednesday 10 September 2008

POQI is entering the building. Stand by. Stand By.

It's the end of the second day of what is turning into the week from hell! Actually, its not so much hellish bad as hellish busy. I've spent the past 2 days madly running about, when I've not got my phone glued to ear and my fingers glued to the keyboard! We've got a VIP visit to the UK going on and there is a lot of "stuff" to sort out to make sure it goes smoothly. Paul asked me earlier today if my to-do list ever got smaller. Never! I write it at the start of the day and then, like today, only manage to score off a few things before events and fire-fighting overtake me and I have to add more to it!!

There are some road closures going on around the office on Thursday due to the dedication of the 9/11 memorial at the Pentagon. The police and local authorities very kindly posted maps on their website so we know which areas to avoid. I was very surprised to see that on the map were marked the routes that POTUS may be taking. They did use the code, but we've all seen the West Wing and read Tom Clancy...we know what they're talking about!! Anyway, it gave me an idea. I'm going to refer to Paul as POQI from now on...

No comments: