Thursday 25 September 2008

I'll have fries with that

When I was in the office being grumpy the Spark posse were on the road to Potomac Mills, Fredericksburg and Skyline Drive. Apparently (but I've still to see the photos) they got some lovely shots of the Blue Ridge Mountains at sunset and they saw Yogi Bear having a snack whilst reclining in a tree. Its probably just as well I wasn't there as I would probably have had something to say about their lack of sense in getting out of the car to get a closer look!!!

I spent the evening doing turbo-FF-catch up of 5 hours of Dancing with the Stars. It was the season premier - 3 nights/5 hours...thank goodness for TIVO. I was able to fast forward through it all in about 2 hours. Its strange to think that I'm now on my 3rd series of the American show in 15 months!

I flaked out before they got home, so I didn't see them when they got home. And I didn't see the cardinal offence being committed... I have a cream sofa...I can spot chocolate on it from about 5 miles, so imagine then me descending the stairs and spotting an open box of chocolate mints sitting on it. Not happy, but I was prepared to be forgiving until I actually found chocolate marks. A few steps closer. What is THAT?? A McDonalds take out bag sitting underneath the chocolates...FULL of fries. My lovely clean, cream sofa smelt like McDonalds. I was really quite restrained considering. I took all the food and dumped it onto the kitchen cabinet and dragged Stephen into the car where I then ripped his ears off during the drive to work. He understands that I am not happy! And was blaming him, no matter who it was that left the fries there. We got back from work and I've stripped the cover off in order to wash it and deal with the grease spots (which I didn't spot earlier or he may have been killed as opposed to verbally bruised), and febreeze the cushion in order to deal with the horrible smell. Ah well, I suppose these things happen...

The day at work didn't get any better! Again people seem to have sensed this...POQI brought me a muffin and Dawn a chocolate brownie. I am stuffed with sweet things!! I needed them....

No comments: