Saturday 13 September 2008

Slow service - yippeeee!

Stephen and I both had hair appointments yesterday. We hadn't realised that we had almost simultaneous appointments until a couple of days before. Its rather weird having your spouse sitting in the chair next to you!! I approached my appointment with trepidation. My hairdresser is pregnant and had turned into a hormonal butcher during my last visit. My hair was hacked rather than cut and was impossible to style. It had no style! It was just hair, and just there! Thankfully she was back onto form this time and I have a decent cut once again - and no grey hair! Yay! Saying that, I have already made an appointment with my lovely ex-hairdresser Dave for when I'm back in the UK. I still think US stylists are way behind UK ones in cutting techniques and styles.

We went out for dinner last night to 100 King. We were both hungry for steak and its one of the better steak places. They serve prime Hereford beef! They do a dinner menu for 2 for $79 (including a bottle of wine) which seemed like a great idea. We ordered a couple of G&T's (strong enough to down an elephant), ordered the food, ate the bread, started on the wine... we were commenting on what a lovely meal it was - food was very good, and there was a decent time between courses, it was European timing in fact - when we were distracted by the manager making profuse apologies to the table next to us and offering to comp their meal. It seems they were not impressed with the "slow" service and had chosen to complain at length. They seemed to be enjoying the food though, as one guy barely lifted his face out of his plate whilst his girlfriend complained loudly! They had arrived after us, and were pretty much ahead of us in courses so the management must have been worried that they'd be comping two tables. We were enjoying being allowed to savour and taste the food as opposed to having to shovel it down at high speed when you see the waiter approaching with your next course!

No comments: