Thursday 11 September 2008

Lance pedals towards the finish line

Paul B is nearing the end of his charity cycle ride. He's riding, along with a number of others, 350 miles Coast to Coast from Biarritz to Narbonne in aid of the Hope foundation for cancer research. He's been in training for a while, both whilst he was here and when he returned to the UK. Training has seemed to involve cycling great distances and then hitting the pub for the well deserved treat afterwards!

I've been keeping an eye on their blog - posted each day after the gruelling ride. I have to admire Lycra Lance - I would get tired driving some of the distances they are cycling! Stage 3 was 80 miles most of which seemed to be uphill. Tiring huh! But then imagine getting back on your bike the next morning and cycling another 80 miles... No. I couldn't do it either! So I tip my chapeau to him...

I was quickly skipping through the photos, but couldn't see any of Paul on first glance. Hils pointed me to Day 3 where he can be seen having a spot of lunch and sitting on a bench. I have to admit to being distracted by a cyclist who appeared in a fetching blue number a few photos before. I was worried for the welfare of the armadillo he appeared to have stuffed down his shorts!

To follow their progress, and maybe donate a quid or two, click the link...

http://www.hfcr.org/coast-to-coast/day-1/?new=y

No comments: