Sunday 21 September 2008

I'll have another 'rita...hic

We popped up to our local last night for a quick bite to eat and a drink. I got a margarita and, as we were sitting at the bar, I got to see exactly how our favourite barman Colin mixed it. All I can say is that margarita mix must be really expensive as there was only a tiny splash of that went into the mix. The rest was just alcohol!! And lots of it!! Stephen was worried that he was going to have to carry me home - especially as I managed to suck down 3 of them!!!

Thankfully the burger must have soaked up some of the alcohol as I was just pleasantly relaxed rather than falling over! Stephen's mum, brother and nephew arrived from Glasgow at about 10:30pm and I was sensible at that point...I gave June wine and I had water.

Lyle was desperately keen to go to Six Flags theme park, so everyone has headed off to go and do that. I'm really not a theme park fan, so I've stayed behind in order to finish the laundry. As its a gorgeous day I'm going to go for a walk in a minute... The weather has changed in the past week. Last weekend was impossibly hot and sticky, but on Tuesday there was a change to maybe 80F temperatures during the day, cooling down to maybe 60F at night. Its still pretty pleasant to walk about in shorts and t-shirts in the evening...when you're British anyway!! I was amused to see people walking about in coats (not even jackets!) and scarves on Friday night!! They were dressed like Nanook of the North and Stephen and I were still dressed in tropical gear!!!!

No comments: