Saturday 13 September 2008

It has officially been a week and a half!

The hellish week continued right through to Friday. There were some fun times, and I'm pleading to have either a Valium lick or intravenous PG drip installed into my cubicle!

I had sent one of the UK PA's an agenda for a visit around a month ago so she could check with her boss he was happy. The feedback was positive, so we went ahead and lined up appointments with all the companies (some of which were extremely hard to get!). I called her on Thursday to let her know I was going to book the travel and she said everything looked good. Then about 10 seconds later she said "Oh did I mention that he can't travel out until Thursday, but we can slip it by a week". No actually she had failed to mention that minor detail!! And its not just so easy to slip it by a week! Grrrrr....

I spent the day phoning all the companies finding out if it would be possible to move the meeting dates. The next morning I woke to an e-mail saying he could now travel on Tuesday. Great! This meant that 2 of the meetings could stand (luckily the two most difficult to obtain!) and we could easily re-arrange the others for the following week. It meant that Paul wouldn't be able to a long-arranged meeting, and also meant that Stephen and I would not be going on a California holiday which we were going to tag onto the end of the trip - but that was okay - we could work things out! So, having re-done the schedule and lined up the meetings for the following week I get a phone call (only 3 hours after the e-mail)....saying that he now couldn't stay over the weekend - so the meetings for the following week were now off!!! Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!! On the down side, I must look like some kind of useless, disorganised incompetent to these people with whom I've had off-on again-off again-on again conversations. On the plus side, we get our holiday and POQI gets to make his long-standing meeting!!

This was in addition to all the other things that were going on! I'll need to do catch up next week as I was having to park the urgent stuff in order to deal with the super urgent, sky-falling-in stuff!! Where is my fireman's uniform? It was so bad I had to break open the emergency Dairy Milk!!

No comments: